What can SAM do for you?
Complete PC inventory and configuration audit reports on workstations,
notebooks and servers:
• Works with LAN, WAN, Mobile and Remote Users behind NAT and
• Reports and tracks changes to all hardware components
including CPU, memory, hard drives, mouse, printers, network
adapters and much more.
• Reports and tracks changes to all installed software including
software vendors, number of copies, version numbers, operating system, user accounts,
Windows updates and more.
Supported Operating Systems
• SAM Server can run on Windows 2k, XP, 2003; Linux Red Hat and
Ubuntu. SAM is the only hardware inventory system in the world whose
server can run on Linux.
• SAM Client can operate and perform audits on any version of
Windows beginning with 95.
Interface, User accounts and Domains
• All software administration is done through a web browser.
SAM's interface is exclusively web-based.
• A domain is a virtually independent copy of SAM Server. You
can sign up for a domain for free and test the software by
clicking on Online Demo.
• Each domain has at least one user account called domain-owner.
It is possible to add as many accounts as needed with different
levels of user rights.
Computers in a domain are divided into locations, which in turn
into computer groups. This is a very convenient way to organize
computers in the management console.
Automatic computer audits, Changes log and Alerts
• SAM performs regular scheduled inventory audits and looks for
changes from the previous scan. As a result, you get the most up-to-date
PC inventory information as
well as a log of all the changes you want to be recorded.
• Configure which hardware and software changes should be
recorded into the Events log and which ones will trigger an
alert sent by email.